Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1H6pBdcdh

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

t-swift's new album.

if you know me, you know i think taylor swift is brilliant.
her songs are amazing and she is actually a really good person.
is it weird that i look up to her? like, a lot?
and basically, every time a new album of hers comes out, i'm inspired.
here is what it says inside the cover of her new album, speak now.

"'Speak now or forever hold your peace,' the words said by preachers at the end of wedding ceremonies all over the world, right before the vows.  It’s a last chance for protest, a moment that makes everyone’s heart race, and a moment I’ve always been strangely fascinated by. So many fantasize about bursting into a church, saying what they’d kept inside for years like in the movies. In real life, it rarely happens.

 Real life is a funny thing, you know. In real life, saying the right thing at the right moment is beyond crucial. So crucial, in fact, that most of us start to hesitate, for fear of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. But lately what I’ve begun to fear more than that is letting the moment pass without saying anything. I think most of us fear reaching the end of our life, and looking back regretting the moments we didn’t speak up. When we didn’t say ‘I love you. ’ When we should’ve said ‘I’m sorry. ’ When we didn’t stand up for ourselves or someone who needed help. 

These songs are made up of words I didn’t say when the moment was right in front of me. These songs are open letters. Each is written with a specific person in mind, telling them what I meant to tell them in person. 
To the beautiful boy whose heart I broke in December. 
To my first love who I never thought would be my first heartbreak.
To my band. 
To a mean man I used to be afraid of. 
To someone who made my world very dark for a while. 
To a girl who stole something of mine. 
To someone I forgive for what he said in front of the whole world.

Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you’ll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone. What you say might be too much for some people. Maybe it will come out all wrong and you’ll stutter and you’ll walk away embarrassed, wincing as you play it all back in your head. But I think the words you stop yourself from saying are the ones that will haunt you the longest.

 So say it to them. Or say it to yourself in the mirror. Say it in a letter you’ll never send or in a book millions might read someday. I think you deserve to look back on your life without a chorus of resounding voices saying ‘I could’ve, but it’s too late now. ’ There is a time for silence. There is a time waiting your turn. But if you know how you feel, and you so clearly know what you need to say, you’ll know it. I don’t think you should wait. I think you should speak now.

PS: To all the boys who inspired this album,
you should’ve known. ;)"

No comments:

Post a Comment

what i'm rambling about:

a day in the life a day without shoes about me angry ramblings annoyed anxiously engaged apology ashton award bachelorette party bad day baptism biology birthdays blanket fort blind date books bubbles bucket list cambodia change citizenship college colten concerts cord courtney cravings craziness crazy drivers creeper dear you death decorating demolition derby diary disney ditching class doctor dog attack drama dream big drill team easter embarrassing facebook fall ball family festival of color finals firesides fireworks food fourth of july freedom future husband game night gentlemen girl time girls nights goals good deals graduation grandpa growing up hair halloween hannah happy things harry potter hboh high school highway holidays homeless people homework hot pots ike institute karaoke karol kristen late nights lessons learned life lotsa motsa major malt shoppe me memory mexicreepers michael mini-golf miracles missionaries mistakes movies music my best friends my words needles new blog new semester new years eve new years resolutions nicknames old friends old love one voice operation 61 pageant paint fight parents pennsylvania pet peeve photography picnic pills pink hair plays poem poker night pong primary professor partynugget proud provo canyon pumpkins rachel random facts realist reblogging rednecks religious richfield richfield floral riley road trips role model rules of dating sarcasm scott secrets september eleventh shawna sick snow spring break springtime st. geezy stealers summer swim taylor swift temple square thankful the future tim mcgraw tips toms traysen truth or dare twelve days of christmas ultrasound unicorns uvu honors vegas ventana weddings wicked williams twins winter haven wishing words to live by wreck this journal youveeyou zoo